Sunday, October 14, 2012

FRAMING ALTERNATIVE: ACRYLIC!!!


SEVERAL MONTHS AGO I HUNG A NEW PAINTING OF MINE IN MY KITCHEN. THERE WAS SOMETHING THAT BOTHERED ME ABOUT IT AND THEN I REALIZED WHAT IT WAS......... MY HOUSE LACKED ART COVERED WITH GLASS. I WAS KINDA SICK OF ALL THE DULL CANVAS SURFACES.
 THEN THE LIGHT BULB WENT OFF! I DECIDED TO GET AN ACRYLIC BOX MADE FOR MY PAINTING-CONTEMPORARY AND DIFFERENT! AND YES, OILS CAN BE COVERED-THEY DON'T NEED TO BREATHE LIKE WE ONCE THOUGHT!....
I JUST SOLD MY 3RD ACRYLIC BOXED PAINTING AND SHIPPING THIS ONE OFF TO IT'S NEW HOME.....HERE IT IS AFTER I SCREWED THE ACRYLIC BOX INTO THE CANVAS.....










































AND HERE'S ITS NEW HOME!








THIS ANOTHER PAINTING THAT HAS SOLD....ENJOYING IT A FEW MORE DAYS BEFORE I HAVE TO LET GO!!





AND HERE WAS THE PAINTING THAT STARTED THE WHOLE ACRYLIC BOX FRAMING ALTERNATIVE!




9 comments:

  1. Love your painting and how you framed it. You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so kind!! Thx for the kind words!!!!M

      Delete
  2. Love the colors in your painting! Beautiful! What is the paint color you used in your kitchen? It's exactly what I've been looking for!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben Moore "stingray" . I LOVE it too- glad you like..... It's a great old reliable!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thx! University of Georgia art dept served us well!!!

      Delete
  4. Your artwork and your home always make me happy. I love the acrylic! Congrats on your blossoming business too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Master Framing are the experts in framing in Sydney.
    We specialize in memorabilia framing, custom picture framing, canvas stretching and photo mounting.
    We have grown into one of the most competitive picture framers in New South Wales,
    offering a large range of picture frames and picture framing services.

    acrylic framing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great hardware hack! I always love all your photos and pictures on your walls. You have great taste and inspire me to mix and match artwork on my gallery wall.
    Framing Services in London

    ReplyDelete