Monday, August 6, 2012

OH MY.... NEED NEW OFFICE NOW!!!

MY OFFICE IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN..... TOTALLY NEGLECTED....
I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM ACTUALLY PUTTING IT ON DISPLAY IN THIS BLOG. IT'S PROOF THAT EVEN INTERIOR DESIGNERS HAVE HORRIBLE ROOMS IN THEIR OWN HOMES.....OR MAYBE IT'S JUST ME..??
I HATE THIS SPACE. IT'S DARK.  HARDLY ANY STORAGE. NO WORK SPACE (UNLESS YOU COUNT THE FLOOR .....WHICH I DO).THE OUTLETS HARDLY WORK AND I MAY BE VERY CLOSE TO ELECTRICUTING MYSELF UNLESS GET HELP NOW!!
I USE AN OFFICE MAX FOLDABLE TABLE WITH A PAINT DROP CLOTH AS THE TABLE COVER-NICE, RIGHT? UGH!
I DO LOVE MY BLACK DESK......AND THAT'S ABOUT IT.














































SO HERE'S MY GUEST ROOM-IT'S RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO MY OFFICE. SORRY GUESTS, BUT YALL ARE MOVING TO THE CAVE NEXT DOOR.... I AM SWAPPING SPACES!!
THE PLAN?? CREATING "PRETTY" AND FUNCTION. I REALLY WANT BUILT-INS ON EITHER SIDE OF THIS WINDOW AND A LARGE SURFACE AREA IN BETWEEN.....HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS....
 MY EXISTING BLACK DESK WILL MOVE THAT ONTO THE INTERIOR WALL AND USE IT FOR ALL MY PAPERWORK.....
AND THANKS TO PINTEREST, I HAVE BEAUTIFUL IMAGES OF INSPIRATION!




"AFTER" PICTURES IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS-STAY TUNED!































7 comments:

  1. ha, love your office. At least you don't have a HUGE TV (John bought himself a man TV) in your family room sitting on a folding church table! Until we can have the built-ins done, I covered it with a fitted tablecloth...have you seen table vogue? Nothing fancy, but it does cover up the ugly

    http://www.tablevogue.com/see-it-all.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the office is comical! after the new one is finished i am going to look back and not be able to believe i actually got work done in the old office. okay, what an awesome website!!!! okay, what a great idea for a cheap quick fix! love tailored skirted tables!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your office is a sign you are busy doing great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I'm in love with the Colors of your office and the Furniture in your Office.. oh my beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh..... i really don't think it's that bad..... :) I think your plan looks great (love your inspiration photos). I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really need to push a total office make over! Built-ins will help you save a lot of spaces. I noticed you like white walls, and since you love your black desk, why not have a black and white theme? Here check this blog: http://theglassfactory.wordpress.com/2011/03/09/new-office/. You may find more inspiration with it especially when balancing colors and accents.

    Clayton Steadham

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well written blog. We are also working with office interior design in London.
    Planning Enforcement Appeals
    Commercial Interior Design

    ReplyDelete